Please Note: This article is relevant only for iOS users who are using the Lift App Versions 3.19.3 or earlier.
If you have any issue related to Sensor Connectivity - either during on-boarding or just finding the sensor while connecting to the app or if the App is unable to reconnect automatically to the sensor, when the App is foregrounded, please follow the detailed steps below to troubleshoot the issue:
Recommended steps for Troubleshooting:
- Confirm that the sensor is charged: Place it on the charger. When it is fully-charged, the LED turns green. Open the Lift app and try to connect to the sensor. (iOS: Tap the Settings icon on the top right -> select the Sensor image -> select Add A Sensor.)
- If the Lumo Lift app is running on other nearby devices, it is possible that the sensor is connected to another device, and the sensor can only connect to one device at a time. Move to an area where you are certain there are no instances of the Lift app running. Open the Lift app and try to connect to the sensor.
- Try a sensor cradle reset:
- Place the sensor in the charging cradle, with the cradle connected to a USB power source (e.g. a USB port on a laptop, or a USB charging block).
- With the sensor in the cradle, press and hold the sensor button for 15-20 seconds or until the device LED flashes blue / purple and vibrates once.
- Open the Lift app and try to connect to the sensor.
For iOS Devices:
- The bluetooth stack on the iOS device can, at times, prevent connection to the Lift sensor. Toggle Bluetooth off, then on (iOS Settings -> Bluetooth -> Off / On). Open the Lift app and try to connect to the sensor.
- Try restarting the iOS device. Apple support link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559. After the device restarts, open the Lift app and try to connect to the sensor.
- If the sensor still will not connect, confirm whether you are able to connect to any other BLE devices. If other devices can connect, the problem is most likely NOT with the iOS device, which points to a potential issue with the Lift sensor.
Please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance or clarification you may require.